How Psychological Counselling Can Help Improve Quality Of Life

Psychological counselling has tons of benefits if you’re experiencing emotional turmoil, anxiety, depression, or negative behaviors. These problems often arise due to relationship issues, financial crisis, career-related problems, bullying, and many other reasons.

Mar 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions

GO

Can mindset, cold and breathing really heal us?

I still hear the admonitions as if it were yesterday. “Wear a hat, it’s cold and you’ll get sick” “Cover yourself or you’ll catch a fever, it’s cold outside” There are more, but I think you get the picture.Fast forward to 3+ years ago and I stumble on ...

Jan 31

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Depression, Life ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

Why Am I Still Single?

Many people ask themselves, "Why am I still single?" "Am I unloveable?"Often we ask ourselves these questions because we are putting to much pressure on finding "the one." Finding the right partner requires confidence, patience and perseverance. There are certain traits and factors that make you attracted to others, ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Keeping your child secure during a divorce.

During a divorce, parents might experience intense emotions towards the other estranged parent. Often, unknowingly, one of the parents emotionally harms a child during and after the separation. For your child’s emotional and social well-being, it is essential that your child has a secure attachment to both parents. A secure attachment means ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Attachment Issues, Child ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Identifying Toxic People

Identifying toxic relationships and abuseToxic relationships often harm our self-esteem and leave us feeling drained of energy. When we learn how to recognize toxic relationships and abuse we can move away from them. If we have a history of being abused, we may not recognise that we are caught in a cycle of abuse. After reading this article, ...

Jun 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Getting through a break-up or divorce

Life can be especially lonely if you are going through a recent break-up or divorce.  Break-ups and divorce sometimes break our hearts and leave us feeling depressed or lonely. An unexpected or sudden break-up or divorce can be an end to our hopes and dreams for a future with our loved one. We might find ourselves having a difficult time ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Attachment Issues, Divorce / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Am I sad or depressed?

Sadness is an emotion that slows us down and teaches us that we made a mistake, or that something or someone hurt us.  Usually, when we are sad, we are still able to get out of bed and maintain our daily routines.  Depression is a deeper emotion that often feels like darkness or heaviness.  We find ourselves unable to go about our ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Depression, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Overcoming Rejection

Being rejected is a sign that you have pushed yourself out of your comfort zone and have tried to achieve something.  Rejection can sting and hurt our self-esteem if we don't manage it properly.  We can use rejection to learn and gain what we originally set out for. Here are some pointers on how you can use rejection to your ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Perception is Everything

Everyone views the world through the lens of their own reality.  In a sense, we all live in a different universe.  Though we may be experiencing the same events, the way we interpret the event may be different.  When we are depressed, anxious or grieving, we have a tendency to forget that things will get better.  When all you ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Increasing Self-Confidence

Standing in the train or lift can be a scrutinising experience in Hong Kong, as well as other international cities. We all like to look at our peers to socially compare ourselves to them, and them to us. This increases or decreases our false sense of self.  The false sense of self is the self that is attached to external validation, meaning ...

Jun 21

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

3 Ways to Manage Your (Expat) Expectations

Often frustrated, disappointed, or angry? Learn how shifting your expectations can create more peace and well-being.Let's talk about expectations. You've recently moved to a new country, or perhaps you're an expat already well adjusted to living abroad. Do your expectations influence ...

Jun 5

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Emotional ...

Written By:
Robert Oleskevich @ Hero's Journey Therapy

GO

Gratitude Therapy

According to English dictionary the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. Showing gratitude is sometimes a required or expected thing, and at other times a spontaneous “ thank you” to someone who has unknowingly made our day. On most occasions, we show gratitude to bring some of ...

Apr 17

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions

Written By:
Dr(Prof) R K Suri

GO

Living Your Life Again

We live in a fast-paced age. The world is a smaller place because of technology, internet, and airplanes through our skies.This advancement has lots of pluses. The speed, the technology, helps. Speaking for myself, I can conduct sessions anywhere I am to attend to those from varied places or ...

Mar 26

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

3 Things That Are Wrong With New Year Resolutions

It's the end of January and, as it may be the case for many of us, the New Year Resolutions we so keenly committed to 30 days ago, may have already become a memory of the past.Perhaps you signed up for a new fitness ...

Feb 4

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Life Purpose / Meaning / ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

Finding ways to overcome cultural differences

Dear Dr. Park, I'm single and have been living with a Korean man for the last 5 years. He has a wife and children in Korea. His marriage was arranged by the man’s family, which means it is a family issue and he cannot divorce of his own free will. He doesn't love his wife, but he can’t part from her because Korean society ...

Feb 3

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adoption / Reunion Issues, ...

Written By:
Dr.Park, Jinseng

GO
Page(s)123456